Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Tanner is finally awarded his Eagle Scout

We are excited that, after having completed all the Eagle Scout requirements 8 months earlier, Tanner finally had his Court of Honor and was awarded this rank. Like most kids, once he hit the age of 14, his interest in Scouting diminished, but he had done what was needed to advance.

At the event, Tanner was awarded his Eagle by Mike Lee, who is running for the Senate. I hope he makes it (and it isn't just because he is our next door neighbor).
Tanner had quite a few of his friends attend. Below are some of his guy and girl friends.
Tanner also had quite a few member of our family attend. Both sides were well represented.

For Tanner's Eagle Project, he took quite a few people down to the indian reservation and help to remodel a small school. Tanner was responsible to painting the outside and inside of this building. It was a 3 day trip and turned out great!













3 comments:

Jensen Family :) said...

Vanessa! How awesome that I get to see the pics from Tanner getting Eagle Scout! I wish we would have been there! You are such an amazing Mother, Tanner is so lucky to have you! I love the white dress Grace is wearing in your Main Hawaii picture, she is so gorgeous, ALL of your kids are! Can't wait to see you in a few days! HUGS Trish

Tiffany said...

Congratulations Tanner!!! We are so proud of you!!!

The Bergmans said...

TANNER! Whew, congrats on the Eagle award bro! If you ever doubt its usefulness, think again. I was asked one "interview" type question from Shannon's grandpa prior to our marriage, in front of the entire in-law family: "Aaron, do your have your eagle scout?" Luckily I had - otherwise I probably would have never married Shannon.